
He has my hair - "thick, course and well horse like" is how most beauticians refer to it.
He has my unique temperment - incredibly shy at times and then when around those he feels comfortable, extremely outgoing.
But other than that he is his Daddy's spitting image!
Besides looking just like his dad and being the mini comedian that I remember Nate being in grade school he has taken on his father's special talent of baby whispering.
I have heard stories about Nate from his mother, how he helped so much with raising his younger sister while growing up. (one sister is a little over two years younger then him but the other one he helped with so much was over five or six years younger). The way I have copied my mother-in-law's birthing cycle is a little scary - anything I can do to earn extra stars right? =)
I have been told how he rocked little Sarah and fed her and played with her. I have seen how he still 'mothers' her to death with burdensome questions about her well being and nagging her till she turns blue - I think his mother even stopped that one years ago. Big Brothers!
But Eli has received the same natural ability to care for babies that his father still to this day has. I just wanted to highlight some of the many things that this nine year old does with his little sister because of this ability/desire passed down from his dear old dad.
1. Eli will gladly (well sometimes he gives me dirty looks behind her back) take Elizabeth out in the backyard to push in a swing or jump on the trampoline or just watch while I am busy in the house.
2. Eli watches Elizabeth like a sheep dog herding his little ones when we go out in public or on the street.
3. Eli is the first one Elizabeth calls for when she wakes up in the morning, "Eli....come get me!!!!" And he gladly does every morning!
4. Eli always gives kisses and hugs to his adoring sister whenever she asks or whenever she is about to go to bed or whenever he is about to leave for school.
5. Eli is the only one able to get Elizabeth to eat her vegetables at meal times. (usually by saying, "DON'T YOU EAT THAT! GIRL, I'M GOING TO GET YOU! DON'T YOU DO IT!" Until she is laughing so loud and stuffing the broccoli down her throat.)
6. Eli hates to see Elizabeth cry or disciplined.
7. Eli puts up with Elizabeth hitting him on the head when he is not paying attention to her because of a video game.
8. Eli has about five different versions of her nickname that only he calls her.
9. Eli willingly takes her to the potty and helps her with her clothes.
And #10...Eli would gladly do any of these things for another little baby/toddler in his extended family and often does!
Now...if only I could get him to do half this stuff with his little brother! You can only ask so much I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment