I recently was talking to my sister about this summer. She told me how she had already registered her five year old son for two different camps. I acted shocked at the idea of first, already doing that and second, signing a five year old up for camps. I clearly wasn't thinking! It didn't take long after that phone conversation for my interest to spike. I got on the Internet and looked up some of the organizations we are a part of: cub scouts and the Discovery Center. Sure enough you need to go ahead and register for summer camps. The kicker was how much money you saved if you did it now. So, after calling local friends who had boys my kids' ages and finding out what they were "signing their kids up for" I finally made a decision and registered them today. What did I do you wonder? Well, for the first time my children (yes, even the 5 year old) will be going to a crocodile hunting camp at the Discovery Center for one week - only 3 hours a day mind you- where they will 'hunt' reptiles in the marshes outside. Sounds fun right? And Eli is now officially registered for a very long and probably extremely hot week at cub scout day camp! And last but my favorite - VBS is always a must for the kids, except this year momma will be one of those moms who are dropping their children off and getting a break at home for a few hours (with baby of course). Just this summer - I'll be back next summer church staff!
So there...three weeks out of the summer are planned for - the rest of the days? Swimming at the pool, visiting grandparents in Curve (to do more swimming and maybe fishing if I'm brave), hopefully a short trip to Gatlinburg, a ride or two on the Rover to the local library and then just hanging out at home! I really can't wait - it will be fun to hang out together for awhile, even though I am honestly nervous about tugging Elizabeth to the local pool but I have high hopes for sister girl!
Happy Vacationing!!!
Mar 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Always gotta make fun of your sister, don't ya? :)
Post a Comment