Mar 14, 2009
Expecting too much? Conclusion...
So soon for the conclusion? Yes, a lesson learned by two momma's! Well, after I had convinced Eli to do the pool party/donation drive of some sort then it was my friend's turn to talk to her son. I had warned her about Eli's reaction. She didn't think her son would react the same way but said of course you never know what they will say. Sure enough...a very sad and upset boy was in there house that night! But just like Eli by the next morning he had thought it through and agreed to do it. The thing is that both boys told us they REALLY wanted to have just a few friends spend the night on their birthday. So us momma's talk the next day and finally ask each other, "why are we making them have a huge pool party when they really only want a few friends over?" And sure enough when I asked Eli that night if he would rather just have the small sleepover and not even have a pool party he said "YES!" That just saved us around $200 and lots of work besides the fact that two little soon to be 8 year olds are much happier about their birthday. Lesson learned? Moms shouldn't plan everything for their children (at this age at least) and bigger isn't always better! What about the life lesson from giving to a charity? I figure there will be many future opportunities to do that; so I won't worry about cramming it into an eight year old birthday party! Forgive me Eli!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment