Summer 2008 is ending this week...school doors open on Monday, little Ian soon starts full time school (although he is pretty mute on the subject), tans will soon fade and long hair is getting cut off (that would be on the boys not mommy). But as I look at my summer pictures and pick some that display the best memories I haven't already 'posted' on my blog I am filled with happy memories! Going home to Curve to visit Nanna and Bob-Bob with our cousins will always hold a special place in the boys (and mine) hearts. Top things we did there this summer...visiting the Mississippi River creek bed and digging up clay only to return to the house and 'mold' bowls to take back home! Swimming, gaining confidance, and learning new tricks at the pool in the field! Climbing those huge pine trees in the back yard with only swim shorts and no shoes! Pulling out all the farm junk we could find and making 'houses' only to have to put them all back!
The boys first boat ride with great friends was another great day we had. They got to ride a sea du (sp) along with their pregnant mommy, get pulled in a float and swim in the lake. That was great fun! Thanks Loughry's!
Riding the Rover - if you live in Murfreesboro and haven't done this - shame on you! I admit last summer we did it almost every week but this summer we made it on their once and walked to the library (maybe Mommie's big tummy had something to do with it).
I have really had a great summer with Eli and Ian but honestly I admit I'm glad to see it come to an end. We are all getting a little tired of so much together time and squables seem more frequent between brothers then ever before. So, good-bye summer days of freedom, late sleeping, laying out by the pool, hanging with friends and eating too much McDonalds!
Aug 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment