Today I was reminded that there ain't nothing like a little 'quite time' away from your loved ones to refresh your soul and spirit.
After working at MOPS rather than having a single conversation with anyone and then caring for my little sister girl who fell asleep in the van for 2 minutes only to wake up in her bedroom and start laughing at me, (!!!!!!)I lost it. Thankfully my sweet sister talked me off the roof and made me promise to not go to the boys' valentine parties at school, thus making myself a little more crazy I'm sure; but rather getting out of the house by myself and getting some coffee!
Thankfully Nate got home right after this promise or I would have talked myself out of it. Elizabeth went down for a nap and I was out of here! A little Starbuck's calming tea and some adult conversation with no kids yelling at me and no one to wait on I was refreshed and ready to get the boys in just one hour!
It all reminded me that yes, moms need some away time. Not just at 8pm after the children are tucked in bed and you are exhausted already...not just to go to the grocery store alone...not just at a 'mother's group' where you are so busy getting everything done you can't even finish your breakfast but really getting away from it all! I need to do this more. I need to make time for myself with no children and no "I'm in charge of this event" just me and other adults and some quite!
I owe it to my family. I owe it to myself!
Feb 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen and amen. :)
Always remember that you are setting the standard of self care that your children will mimic. You want sons that will be husbands who honor their wives by making sure that they get to relax too. You want a daughter that knows when enough is enough with her own family and sometimes curls up with a good book on the couch and just recharges. You don't want them to become adults that feel that they have to do everything for everyone else...except for themselves.
Post a Comment