Dec 1, 2009

I'm kindhearted but clever...

Same day as last post. Three hours later.

I loved on him. I oozed with kindness and warmth. I brought him a hot rag for his head. I cooked him warm soup. I cut up his apple. I sat and read (his science book) with him.

Then...when he perked up enough to play with his little sister and was asking about when "his free time would be since he was missing recess" I smiled and said, "Okay, let's go to school now."

He couldn't say anything - even he knew he was feeling better.

So, off to school we went...no tears, only a little anxiety over "what will everyone say when I come in late?" and "where will my class be?" The usual Eli worries.

I'm home again (too late to go to work) and very proud of my motherly wisdom in retrospect. That doesn't happen often so let me gloat for just a minute.

Oh wait...where is Elizabeth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is at my house calling the social worker to see if she can legally become emancipated legally from your family. We are planning on raising her as our own. Don't try to stop us - you know she adores me.