My first morning without anyone here although my sister should arrive shortly to visit and hold the baby while I rest or maybe shower (oh, who am I kidding...you know I really want to go to Kohl's and shop at their big sale today!)...
I'm doing good - nights aren't too bad. My body seems to have adjusted to waking up for periods of time and listening to little noises, differentiating between choking, spit up, hiccups, gas, big poops, or restful quiet! (I like the last one - no noise!)
It's definitely so different this third time around I really can't believe it. I'm actually trying to relish every moment of this b/c I 'know' it will be my last go around at it. It's kind of like when I had Eli in Alabama...just a lot of free time in the day (while the kids are at school) to hold and sleep her and stare at her. Of course when the boys come home there is a lot of juggling but they are so patient with me and very self-sufficient, playing together and able to get themselves ready with my coaching from the living room if need be. I realize how they emotionally need me more then anything to be engaged with them and not staring at Elizabeth at times. More Eli then Ian it seems lately. He just wants to know I'm still there for "him" I think.
Funny story to end...Eli comes home from school Monday and says "Mrs. Cliche wants to know how long we can play together this week." My heart stops and I feel a little sick. I even look up at my mom to see if she heard the same thing and she looks at me really weird so I know I'm not having a delusion. Here's what I heard inside my head...."I've been telling Mrs. Cliche how you ignore me because of the baby and she wants me to try and get you to play with me alone this week without that baby distracting you from your first born wonderful son who feels neglected!" I really don't know what to say b/c Eli doesn't' seem bothered by his comment. So ---later that night I'm giving the boys a bath (without baby - just me and them time) and I look at Eli and say "So, Eli...when you told me Mrs. Cliche wants us to play together this week what do you mean?" He said "wasn't it in my notes from her?" OH MY GOODNESS.... "No, I didn't see anything about us playing together." He said "there wasn't a bag with directions on it and some dice?" OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! "You mean that math homework...we are supposed to play that together this week?" Eli - "Yes, we have to play that as much as we can this week for my homework."
Good gracious I think - well, at least I know he hasn't gone to the school counselor yet!
Nov 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment