What have I realized after spending a week at home with my boys after getting use to them being at school each day????
1. I love not having to get ready at 6:30am each morning and threaten Ian to eat faster and then go poop before we get in the van!
2. When forced to come up with something to play together Eli and Ian CAN play together and use their imagination!
3. I love reading chapter books to the boys on the couch with them curled up on me!
4. We ate at McDonald's 3 times this week for lunch - GROSS!!!
5. Bounce U totally rocks and Thank God "Steve's Fun Zone" is no longer here!
6. It is okay to make the boys do somewhat grown up things where they have to be patient and quiet b/c they will hopefully learn some "culture" in the long run (i.e. wait in line forever to see the Declaration of Independence in Nashville, listen to my mom speak about her newly published book at the Southern Book Festival -hey, they had country music playing live too, and now that Ian's 5 years old - sit in church each Sunday and be respectful!)
7. I really got used to my own quiet time while they were gone - thank you PaPa (Nate's Dad) for taking them for a day to let me rest and paint!
8. The most commonly used phrase from Ian is "I'm not playing with you anymore" and from Eli "IANNNNNNN STOOOOPPPPPP!" in the most whining tone you can imagine!
9. Both boys have the ability to memorize things so easily it literally blows my mind!
10. Christmas break is in 10 weeks.....and I get to do this all over again for 3 weeks is it? and with a maybe 8 week old baby! Yeah me!!!!
Oct 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment